We are excited to be partnering with The National Industrial Hemp Coalition (IHC), who are rolling into Oklahoma for a “National Cannabis Hemposium”. They will be bringing a “full spectrum” panel of leaders and innovators in the hemp and cannabis space to the Oklahoma Women Cann Midwest Conference . With speakers covering every aspect of the Industry from seed to shelf, they will be bringing the experts to help you grow and thrive in the Hemp and Cannabis industry.
- Justin has been in sales and marketing for over 20 years. With a track record of finding innovative solutions to problems others shy away from, he’s found a home in the hemp and cannabis industry. He is the Business Development Officer for Contemporary Analysis (CAN), a data science consulting firm that focuses on “Steel Toe Industries” such as construction, manufacturing, and agriculture. He is also the Co-Founder and President of Hemp Batch Tracker, a subsidiary of CAN. Hemp Batch Tracker is a hemp tracking solution that tracks all data points from genetics through cultivation and processing and ultimately to the end consumer.
Justin was on the state board for the Nebraska HIA prior to them dissolving the state models and currently serves on the Industrial Hemp Coalition’s National Board as the Director of Analytics. He also serves the IHC as the New Mexico State Director. Justin is also a Laird of both Glencoe and Lochaber Scotland with estates in both areas. (101 sq feet in total ) A self described “sponge looking for water” Justin is a true student of the industry and thoroughly enjoys meeting and learning from people in all aspects of the hemp and cannabis industry.
- Approved for recreational, hemp and seed producing licenses in both Oregon and Texas, Jared Sherman is the owner of Mellow Moose Farms, a craft cannabis company focused on producing high end flower and genetics.
Member of the Texas Hemp Advisory Council and the National IHC Board of Directors, he details his experiences on building businesses from farming, manufacturing, distribution, retail and modern marketing on the “How to Start a Cannabis Farm” Podcast.
- Leah is on a mission to connect consumers to the hemp supply chain through interactive cannabis experiences. She facilitates this as the co-founder of Higher Ed Hemp Tours and Hemp Business Builder.
She is also an UNLV Certified Cannabis Professional, Trichome Institute Professional Interpener, and the Secretary for ASTM D37.06 cannabis training sub-committee
- Chris Pattillo is the Production and Procurement team member at Danks Wellness Emporium, a multi store dispensary. Chris is in love with cannabis. He and his wife spent the last 7 years touching the many sides of this industry all over the country.
He has over 20 years in customer service and sales. He speaks to the supply chain through the retail and buying aspect of cannabis. His goal is to help this industry continue to grow through education.
- With a diverse background ranging in everything from nursing to dance instructor, Stephanie Beno has developed the unique gift of being able to communicate with and teach, everyone who crosses her path.
Stephanie moved into the Cannabis space when she founded Persephone LLC. an educational platform in which she shares her experience in Cultivation, Supply Chain, Retail Applications and Marketing Trends. Stephanie is a Patients Rights Activist and also serves as an Ambassador at Sensi Mag.
- Adrian Garcia, owner and operator of Adrian Garcia Farms, located in West Texas, has farmed cotton for the last three years on 200 acres of 100% USDA Certified Organic farmland.
When the 2018 Farm Bill was signed, allowing for the cultivation of hemp, he turned his sights towards becoming one of the first organic farmers to grow hemp in Texas. He built a couple of greenhouses, sourced reliable CBD genetics and went through the USDA’s rigorous organic certification process and started growing hemp.
After realizing they wanted to see the carefully grown hemp maintain its organic status from harvest to the consumer, they put their heads together and formed their company to see the rest of the process through. They ensure their customers are getting the cleanest, highest quality organic CBD hemp product that can be found on the market:
100% USDA and Texas Department of Agriculture Certified Organic Hemp Flower!
- Georgetown University CAS 1992, Seasoned Entrepreneur and Senior Business Development Executive with over 10 years in the high and low THC markets.
Co-Founder of Ionization labs, creator of Cann-ID, a chemical data testing & analytics platform with global industry impact.
Cann-ID, with partners SICPA offer the ONLY scalable complete/combined and securitized, Test Track and Trace solution available in market, supporting commercial and government level deployment.
Currently deployed in 16 US States, USVI, Canada, Costa Rica, and The Kingdom of Thailand (as the only approved testing solution for hemp / marijuana by the Thai FDA)
Board Member of the National IHC, Gold Member National Hemp Association, Industry Partner NASDA, 2021 NIST program participant, Advisory Panel Member of AOAC-CASP (Cannabis Advisory Science Panel) and Honorary Wing Commander 149th Texas Air National Guard.
- Joshua Graston is the Lead Formulator for Bee Elevated, a licensed processor in the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Market.
He is one of the leading Ethanol Extraction Artists in the Nation and a Modern Day Alchemist. He is also the Head Science Writer for Cannabis Oklahoma Magazine.
He is renowned for discovering Time Release Cannabis using a Multi-Lipid Delivery System. This technology allows for multiple waves of effects from a single ingested capsule or edible.
In addition, he discovered the method to Molecularly bind Terpenes to Cannabinoids to elicit a strain specific entourage effect in an orally consumable form.
Joshua is a product of the Future4200 and Grasscity forums, having spent years as a patient studying the works of the free market pioneers like: Greywolf, Ichiban, EloquentSolotions, PsychadelicSam and BadkittySmiles
- Growing up in Oklahoma, Leigh Ann Bryson learned about farming early from her father who was an Agriculture professor and later a Veterinarian for large and small animals in rural Caddo County. She traveled to many farms throughout the state with her father growing up and learned not only about medicine, but also growing and cultivating crops in Oklahoma. Later, during a college break, she was a Loan Officer for the Farm Home Administration and later a Corporate Banking Officer for other financial institutions working closely with Oklahoma farmers to resolve problems and secure financing.
After college, serving the military as a civilian for over 35 years, Leigh Ann Bryson has become renowned in her field as a workplace Negotiator and Mediator, a policy and issue Facilitator, a Speaker, Educator, Strategic Enterprise Development Specialist, Analysis Specialist, Lean Black-Belt Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist, Consultant, and Manager.
Ms. Bryson was also a senior leader consultant for many years for the Oklahoma Institute for Issue Management and Alternative Dispute Resolution (IIMADR) at Oklahoma State University, where she consulted on a variety of issues to include, but not limited to Oklahoma state policy regarding agriculture issues, cultivation and farming operations around the State of Oklahoma. She also consulted with the State Director of the Oklahoma Farmers Union, state legislators and Senators, as well as local farmers, to improve operations and resolve issues.
In recent years, when the Air Force experienced a major hiring surge, Ms. Bryson trained thousands of new employees of all ages and skill sets on a variety of subject matter for hiring on to the local base. She has taught a variety of subject matter from leadership to supply chain management around the world and worked with senior leadership internationally. She has also worked closely with the U.S. Secretary of the Air Force General Counsel at the Pentagon, with the Oklahoma City Air Force Sustainment Center Headquarters, Oklahoma Attorney General, Oklahoma tribal leaders and tribal organizations as well as with community organizations such the Oklahoma Arts Council, the Oklahoma Cowboy Hall of Fame, diverse cultural and political organizations and the Oklahoma City Association of Federal Government Employees Local 916 as well as Council 214 of Utah & Washington, D.C., to develop new and emerging programs, projects and processes, as well as resolve issues with existing programs and processes.
In her federal government career, she performed in several diverse positions providing her with a diverse and broad industry background in many aspects to include: supply chain management, labor and employment, workplace disputes, investigator, personnel/HR, legal, base housing and family management, veterans issues, mental health, juvenile assistance, family maltreatment, cost analysis and budgeting, program, project and data analysis, process improvement, senior leadership, strategic planning, new and emerging technical businesses, acquisition, logistics, training and educational development, senior leader development, as well as service at the Pentagon. Her services have been commissioned by many Command Air Force and Army bases, Generals, and other federal leaders and agencies like FAA, USDA, FEB, EEOC and the FBI, across the globe by name, as well as towns such as Bethel Acres, Oklahoma for Community Block Development Grants, city governments and local businesses.
In 2017, Leigh Ann Bryson retired after 35 years from federal service and became CEO, Owner and Founder of Red Dirt 420 Enterprises, LLC, a multi-functional cannabis and hemp business enterprise licensed in the State of Oklahoma. Red Dirt 420 is a licensed consulting service providing a variety of services including but not limited to mergers and acquisitions, negotiation/conflict resolution, brokering, lean manufacturing, compliance, regulatory and other industry specializations to reduce cost and increase growth. Ms. Bryson is also a cannabis and hemp as well as regenerative farming advocate, lean expert, negotiator, trainer and compliance specialist.
- Growing up on an organic farm in rural Alabama, Shawnda learned to use a “buck knife” at the age of 9 by cutting okra out in the field. With the ways of the old school farmers cooperatives lodged deep in her childhood memories, she would return to her roots in 2012 after years of following a musical career, entrepreneurship in the sign industry and teaching various subjects at the college level.
Her establishment of Earth Mother Studio, a Regen Ag and Permaculture Research Institute in West Texas, laid the foundation for the first Hemp Farmers Cooperative to be founded in the State of Texas. In November of 2017, the TexasIHC was formed as a subsidiary of EMS. In the fall of 2019, the IHC would spread its wings in a National Expansion. Today the National Industrial Hemp Coalition has Chapters in 27 States. It’s InterNational Division; the InterNational Hemp and Cannabis Coalition, has Locations in Puerto Rico and Costa Rica.
As the published author of “The Hemper’s Almanac, a Field Guide for the Texas Farmer”, Shawnda continues to “Sow the Seeds of a Better Social Order” with her “Barn Raising Philosophy”
- Patrick has 11 years of oil and gas experience, ranging from ﬁeld operations, executive management, and eventually entrepreneurship, with the formation of Crude Oil Field Solutions LLC in 2018. The son of an educator, stockbroker, and economic historian, Mr. Blake has enjoyed a lifelong education in finance and market analysis. Having experienced market cycles firsthand his entire life, he can now easily place complex metrics into context with respect to market movement. With a sound understanding of business Patrick has developed a unique and intuitive perspective. Patrick’s decade plus experience in the oilfield has reinforced his engineering principles that are paramount in complex multi million dollar operations utilizing industrial equipment. Not only focused on efficiency, but also safety protocols that are essential in an 24hr operation. SOP and lessons learned from the patch translate well into the safety and efficiency of LSIM’s operation and business methods.
While regularly managing 100s of personnel all over the country simultaneously Mr. Blake has successfully developed relationships with O&G majors around the world. Most notably EOG, Chevron, Devon and XTO. This is an example of Mr. Blake’s ability to create exceptional work products with some of the world's largest companies. This has allowed Patrick and Crude OFS to generate over $2.5M in one year with only $240K of startup capital. Patrick understands that knowledge with experience creates wisdom. That experience and knowledge allows Mr. Blake to navigate high level discussions with industry leaders and content matter experts.
With that said, Patrick has repurposed a crack salesforce from the O&G industry for LISM’s push for industrial hemp. This salesforce is comprised of individuals with over 60 years in one of the most competitive industries in the world. LSIM fully intends to leverage its sustainable material and deep network to fulfill ESG initiatives for the O&G refineries, drilling operations and new applications.
Today, Patrick leads LSIM, dedicated to delivering elite service and expertise for the highest quality industrial hemp products.
Oklahoma Hemposium Schedule
9:00AM - 9:45AM
10:00 AM - 10:45 AM
11:00 AM - 11:15 AM
11:15 AM - 11:30 AM
11:30 AM - 11:45 AM
11:45 AM - 12:00 PM
12:00 PM - 12:15 PM
12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
2:15 PM - 2:30 PM
2:30 PM - 2:45 PM
2:15 PM - 3:00 PM
3:00 PM - 3:15 PM
3:15 PM - 3:30 PM
3:30 PM - 3:45 PM
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
5:15 PM - 6:15 PM
6:15 PM - 7:00 PM
After Party/ Networking Event
7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Oklahoma Women Cann Midwest Conference
One-day Conference with dynamic speakers sharing some powerful professional development, stories of success, timely information & experiences, in addition to personal growth tools.More Information